Being Patrick Reed Means Ignoring The Noise As He Wins WGC-Mexico Championship > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기
  • 블로그바로가기
  • 유튜브바로가기
  • 스마트스토어바로가기

쇼핑몰 검색

상품 검색

로그인

회원가입

장바구니

총 합계 0 원
장바구니 가기
Being Patrick Reed Means Ignoring The Noise As He Wins WGC-Mexico Championship > 자유게시판

Being Patrick Reed Means Ignoring The Noise As He Wins WGC-Mexico Cham…

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Jewell
댓글 0건 조회 634회 작성일 23-07-04 23:38

본문

MEXICO Metropolis -- The noise, at occasions, can be deafening, deflating. It is actually distracting. Patrick Reed admits as a lot as a result of it could be almost impossible to say or do otherwise.

And so it was that Reed had not one however two grenades tossed his means this week in the wake of Sandy-gate in the Bahamas, the "cheating'' scandal that continues to dog him.

For causes of his own making, that controversy lingers, however Reed thrives amid chaos. We've seen it on the Ryder Cup and throughout the past few months, as he has endured his share of taunting and jeers from spectators, fellow opponents and commentators.

As such, it was solely fitting that Reed emerged from the rubble on Sunday at Club de Golf Chapultepec, outlasting an all-star solid on the leaderboard to shoot a ultimate-spherical 67 and capture the WGC-Mexico Championship by a shot over Bryson DeChambeau.

So much for karma.

"Really, at the end of the day, to me it doesn't actually matter,'' Reed mentioned of all of the chatter that has engulfed him of late. "For me, it's go out there and proceed doing what I'm speculated to do, and that's try to play the most effective golf I can, attempt to be the perfect particular person I can and try to set an example for the younger kids which can be out right here watching, in addition to my youngsters which are watching back at house.

Editor's Picks

Reed exhibits his moxie and wins WGC-Mexico3y

"If I really feel like I'm doing that, that's all I can ask for. I feel like I've been doing a great job of that, and hopefully every little thing starts smoothing out and going the correct route.''

Reed, 29, continues to be the subject of intense criticism over the Bahamas incident in which he was penalized for improving his line of play in a waste area, an infraction the led to a two-stroke penalty and a far harsher sentence within the court of public opinion.

He has been branded a cheater in some circles, a tough charge to reside down and one made much more so by similar accusations which have adopted him from his school days a decade in the past.

But Reed received his eighth PGA Tour title Sunday, 多摩市 ゴルフレッスン adding to a list that includes the 2018 Masters and two World Golf Championship titles, the primary six years ago at this same tournament when it was played at Doral.

Again then, Reed declared himself a "prime-five player'' following that victory. It was a curious comment that now ranks nicely down the checklist of bizarre things attached to him.

For a time on Sunday, Reed appeared out of it, as Bryson DeChambeau birdied four of his first five holes on the back nine to take a seemingly commanding lead. Reed trailed by two on the 15th tee. But when DeChambeau three-putted the 17th green for a bogey, he left an opening that Reed took by birdieing three consecutive holes. A wayward tee shot by Reed at 18 led to the ultimate one-shot margin of victory.

Afterward, DeChambeau -- who has been the subject of his personal level of controversy, mostly over sluggish play but in addition because of among the quirkiness in his game -- was the first to congratulate Reed.

"As a result of he is a great player,'' DeChambeau mentioned. "There's been a number of stuff said in past years, I suppose you might say, with him -- and even with me. And yeah, there's issues that we have executed that haven't been right, but we haven't actually gotten one of the best rap. I feel like, sadly, generally we get fairly a foul rap. We're still trying to offer great leisure for everyone. He's an ideal participant, and he'll be a great participant for a long time. And I've a lot of respect for his sport.''

Earlier within the week, Brooks Koepka took a shot at Reed in a Sirius/XM interview during a promotional tour for the PGA Championship.

"I don't know what he was doing, constructing sand castles in the sand, however you realize where your membership is,'' Koepka stated. "It is a kind of issues the place, you understand, when you look on the video, he grazes the sand twice, and then he still chops down on it. ... In case you play the game, you perceive the rules.''

Then it was former CBS commentator Peter Kostis, who famous in a No Laying Up Podcast that on several occasions, he witnessed Reed enhancing his line of play in the rough.

"I've seen Patrick Reed enhance his lie up shut and private 4 occasions now,'' Kostis stated.

When requested about those feedback earlier this week, Reed went with a standard response: "I said what I need to say about what occurred in the Bahamas. At the end of the day, all I'm trying to do is exit and play good golf and trying to win a golf championship.''

A day later, Reed acknowledged that all the talk has become disruptive.

"I think the largest thing for me is I simply work so onerous at [ignoring it],'' he mentioned. "My team and that i work really arduous, and I am not going to, like, simply the whole thing on the outside distracts us from our final purpose, and that's to exit and play great golf and continue to attempt to enhance day by day on and off the golf course.''

So much for distractions. Reed manages to excel despite the drama. He recorded a 3rd-place finish at the Hero World Problem on the again of a final-round 66 the day after the foundations controversy ignited. He said he never heard a "cheater'' chant as he putted in a playoff that he misplaced to Justin Thomas in the Sentry Tournament of Champions. He even bounced back at the Presidents Cup in Australia, the place he was the subject of intense heckling and abuse, to win a final-day singles match.

On Sunday, he beat DeChambeau, Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy and Thomas, among others.

The man has his detractors, for positive. But he also has game, plenty of it -- and much more, it appears, when the world is against him.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

고객센터

Tel. 055-323-4241
Fax. 050-4379-4241
email. aler79@nate.com

월-금 am 9:00 - pm 05:00
점심시간 : am 12:00 - pm 01:00

영선크린테크

주소 경상남도 김해시 금관대로 804번길 61-7(명법동)
사업자 등록번호 437-43-00489 대표 김두찬 전화 055-323-4241 팩스 050-4379-4241
통신판매업신고번호 제2020-경남김해-0968호 개인정보 보호책임자 김두찬
Copyright © 2020 영선크린테크. All Rights Reserved.